Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: JBL 2344A Bi-Radial Horn vs Altec Sectoral Horns

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member altec-man's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2008
    Posts
    40
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    JBL 2344A Bi-Radial Horn vs Altec Sectoral Horns

    I mate of mind has just bought a pair of JBL 2344A Bi-Radial Horn plus drivers and is bragging that these leave the Altec 511B / 811B horns for dead in any application regarding HiFi. Is my mate right in what he is saying or just sour grapes because he can't find any Altec gear??

  2. #2
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JBL 2344A Bi-Radial Horn vs Altec Sectoral Horns

    Quote Originally Posted by altec-man View Post
    ...in any application regarding HiFi...
    Ask him to list the applications he compared them in...

    If there were a horn/driver combo that was really best in any application, we'd all be using it.
    "[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
    Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]

    [I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
    John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member Tom Brennan's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    213
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JBL 2344A Bi-Radial Horn vs Altec Sectoral Horns

    If he likes them better than Altecs they're right for him. For some of us Altecs are better. Nothing is absolute.

    Just agree with him the JBLs are better for him and he'll be disarmed.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Nipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 9th, 2009
    Posts
    280
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JBL 2344A Bi-Radial Horn vs Altec Sectoral Horns

    Have to agree with bfish.....

    Nothing has been created that can do it all yet.
    Unfortunately I can tell you from experience that your taste will change as you get OLDER.
    There is no right or wrong with most high end Altec and JBL, just a matter of taste.

    However, I will stick with my Altecs.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.